Monday, August 20, 2012

Ok, so apparently I am not good at keeping up a blog. I am also not good at keeping up with the housekeeping, yard work or calling friends on a regular basis...

I am, however, good at planning trips, just not journaling about them!

Because I am so far behind, for now I am just going to write down when and where we have been since we started traveling, as another thing I am good at is being forgetful.

Jim and I started writing a "bucket list" a few years ago, and have been making an attempt to check off all of the places we wrote down. It probably doesn't need to be mentioned that we had a few glasses of wine while we were writing said list, so one must take that into consideration. I don't have the list in front of me now, but when I find it (did I mention that I'm not good at finding things either??)

We started traveling (in earnest) when Kara wanted to study abroad in London in May of 2007.

May 2007: London & Paris

April 2009: Rome, Venice, Sorrento, Capri, Italy

October: Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Festival

February 2010: Uniworld River Cruise to Egypt (Cairo, Luxor, Dendera, Aswan, Abu Simbel)

May: Holland America Cruise to Alaska (Seattle, Ketchican, Sitka, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Anchorage, Homer, Kodiak, Hubbard Glacier, Juneau & Victoria, BC


August: Calgary & Banff Canada

April 2011: Uniworld Danube River Cruise (Paris, Prague, Munich, Passau, Salzburg, Vienna, Melk & Budapest)

May: San Francisco with the fam.
August: Chicago & Rinconada, NM

September: Oceana Cruise Line, Greece & Turkey (Athens, Nauplion, Zakynthos, Corfu, Katakolon, Monemvasia, Crete, Rhodes, Santorini, Ephesus, Turkey & Istanbul)

June 2012: Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with the Mackies.

April: Paris, Central France Barge trip: Dijon, Vincellas, Mailly la Ville, Le Saussois, Luy sur Yonne. Brussels, Ghent, Bruges, Antwerp and Amsterdam.

Other places on our list:
China (which we are planning to do April 2013)
Ireland (hopefully September of 2013)
Australia (no date set for this one yet)






No comments:

Post a Comment